Wednesday, January 13, 2010

NINE




It is hard to tell whether I liked the movie or not. I really liked the way the movie looks. I am a sucker for Mastroiani's sense of style those early 1960's looks are amazing. Based on a Broadway play based on "8 1/2" by Fellini. A favorite film of mine as it is for many as well.

Twice removed from the original, the movie sort of follows the story. The problem for me is that the main character played by Daniel Day Lewis, who lately plays himself, he sort of does it once again. Anyway, the character seems completely helpless and lacks any guts, I hated that, it got boring after a while to stress his dismay about life.

It is not a traditional American musical, has more of a European feel to it, certainly abstract. The female characters looked spectacular which was cool. My favorite number by far was Kate Hudson's that is worth going to see the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment